This is the mother of all pancakes – my favorite Stuffed Nutella Pancakes.
But I know:
For most of us , the first thing that would come to our mind when i say pancakes is – A stack of fluffy pancakes drowned with maple syrup, melting butter and cream.
Isn’t it ?
Well today , you don’t have to do all that. The simplicity of these pancakes stuffed with warm & oozy Nutella is going to give your taste buds a surprise. And indeed a pleasant one!
I have also topped it with strawberries whose freshness will just elevate the dish at another level.
With this recipe you will fall in love with breakfast again, so you’d ‘batter’ give it a go!
Bruges – The City That Introduced Me to Nutella Pancakes
I have had a number of Nutella Pancakes in the past but this one is totally different & special.
I had the pleasure of tasting them in a cute little restaurant while I was in Bruges, Belgium for the winter vacation. It just straightaway had an intoxicating effect on me and my hubby. The moment we took our first bite, it was like christmas in the mouth.
That was the very moment – we decided that our Belgium trip would be all about pancakes and waffels. And being a Rajput, we always stick to what we say – LOL :).
There was another reason to adopt this recipe in my breakfast menu and that was – My obsession for Nutella.
Yes thats true – I could just eat Nutella straight out of the jar and not care at all. At least now I have a recipe where my loved ones won’t judge me while I slurp away the goodness of Nutella via the wonderful homemade Nutella Pancakes.
STUFFING Nutella in pancakes sounds like a brilliant idea ! Isnt it ?
All you have to do is to :
- Prepare frozen nutella discs which is Super easy to make
- While making pancakes , place the nutella disk onto the batter and then cover it with some more batter.
And in minutes you will have these wonderful Stuffed Nutella Pancakes.
BTW:How do you make a pancake smile 🙂 ? Well, Butter him up. LOLClick To Tweet
OK Enough of PJs & Chitter Chatter, Its time I tell you how to make these wonderful delights.
- 12-16 Tbsp Nutella
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1½ Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 Tbsp Butter to put in the batter
- 2 Tbsp Butter for cooking
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Milk (I have used low fat)
- Pinch of salt
- Strawberries ar required
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Dollop 2 Tbsp of Nutella onto the baking tray and spread into thin disc around 6 cm in diameter and ½ cm thick (slightly smaller than a normal pancake). Note: I am not asking you to take a ruler and calculate everything :). Dimension are just as an fyi so you get an idea on the thickness and size. But use your judgement.
- Place the tray in the freezer for about 1 to 1.5 hours. This should firm up the disks
- Add all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl i.e Purpose flour, Baking powder, Sugar and Salt. Mix it well.
- Make a small well in the center of the mixing bowl. Now Add all the wet ingredients i.e Eggs, Melted Butter, Milk and Vanilla essence. Mix it well until you see a lump free batter.
- Melt ¼ tablespoon of butter on a non stick fry pan.
- Scoop ⅓ cup of batter on hot pan and place the Nutella disk on it. Cover the disk with some more pancake batter. Make sure that Nutella disk is properly hidden with the batter
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until golden in color on one side. Then flip it to other side and cook until other side is golden too.
- Use the remaining batter to create more pancakes. You should be able to prepare minimum of 6 to 7 of these wonderful delights.
Do not make your Nutella discs too thin as they might break if too delicate. On the other do not make them too thick also otherwise they will ooze out everywhere when you are making the pancake.
OK, Here is the Nutritional Chart
Yeah, A bit high on the calories end but then that’s OK. It will fill you up nicely with no regrets at all.
Once in a while its OK to listen to the hungry foodie in you.
So, do try these Nutella pancakes with the melty core and let me know how it turned out for you.
See you again with a wonderful post.
And yes do not forget to subscribe to my blog.
Happy cooking !