Are you looking for :
- A Perfect filling snack ? or,
- An Ideal Morning Treat ? or,
- A Nutritional beverage to not only quench your thirst but also to give yourself a boost ?
Well, I have got the perfect mango smoothie recipe that is refreshing, ice cold and packed with goodness of Mangoes and Dry Fruits.
So are you ready to treat your self with this awesome Mango Smoothie Recipe ? Lets dive right in.
BEAT THE HEAT WITH THIS MANGO SMOOTHIE RECIPE
The moment summers starts to knock my door, I bring out the ultimate weapon to deal with it – Mangoes. There is something very soothing about eating mangoes straight out of the refrigerator.
This is not any ordinary smoothie ;
This mango smoothie recipe has the most satisfying and creamy chill texture. It’s like drinking a luscious dessert. I am really proud of this recipe. Every time I serve this to my loved ones, they are forced to say the three words that I am always ears for– “Pooja you rock.”
And believe me:
It’s not a recipe that I perfected overnight. I made lot of “booboos” (trials and errors). But with a critique of family that I have got, it was not an impossible task. Also this post from serious eats helped me achieve the perfect smoothie texture.
MANGO SMOOTHIE RECIPE FOR ALL OCCASIONS
This mango smoothie recipe works perfect for any occasions you have in mind.
- When I serve this with breakfast, my hubby calls it as “Recharge me 24 hours” drink. Yes, it acts like the ultimate energy booster.
- This is extremely popular amongst kids.
- It’s extremely refreshing to eat alongside spicy food.
At this point in time, you must be thinking – “Pooja Enough of this – Just give me the mango smoothie recipe”.
Well here it is – The Pro Tips and The Recipe.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT MANGO SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- Ensure that the mangoes you use are super riped otherwise you will treat yourself a sour smoothie – No body want’s that isn’t it ?The best test for ripeness would be to slightly Squeeze the mango. A ripe mango would be slightly soft when touched.
- Avoid blending ice cubes with your mango smoothie recipe ingredients because it doesn’t give you the right texture of a creamy and silky smoothie. Instead freeze your mangoes ahead of time. Believe me, the textural difference of using an ice vs frozen ingredients are day and night. A Frozen Mango Smoothie trumps all other variations.
- My preference has always been to use this recipe with yogurt. Also use Greek Yogurt over normal yogurt. Greek yogurt provides a thick & silky texture to the smoothie. It also gives you the much-needed protein. So next time you need a healthy mango smoothie recipe, you know where to find it.
- Use Add-ons to play with the taste of mango smoothie. I have found that things like saffron, almonds and pistachio just elevates the dish to a higher level. It also provides treat to your eyes. Remember you first eat with your eyes. Also, add bite sized pieces or cubes of mangoes to remind you the hero of the dish.
Believe me if you follow the above tips you will achieve a different level of smoothie bliss that you will savor for days
- 1 Large Mango
- 1 Generous Pinch of Saffron Strand
- 2-3 Cardamon Pods
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- ⅓ Cup Chilled Milk
- Crushed Almonds
- Few Saffron Strands
- Few Cubes of Ripe mango peeled
- Slice one whole mango and scoop out all the sweet flesh from it.
- Place the sweet flesh in the freezer for some time (30 minutes should be good).
- Soak Saffron strands in warm water for 4-5 minutes. This will add amazing color to the smoothie. Keep it aside , we will use it later.
- Place the frozen mango flesh into the blender.
- Take cardamon pods and open them to remove black seeds. Crush the black seeds & put it in the blender. Cardamon will give a unique aroma to this special smoothie.
- Add Honey to the blender
- Add soaked saffron along with the liquid
- Add Greek Yogurt
- Add Chilled Milk
- Now blend the mixture till smooth. Your yummy smoothie is ready.
- Pour the smoothie and garnish it with almonds & saffron strands. Put some mango cubes into a glass and enjoy it.
Can you believe that this creamy & healthy smoothie recipe (packed with Greek yogurt protein) comes together in just under 10 minutes?
Now it’s your turn. I’d love to know if you tried this super delicious Mango smoothie – please do tell in the comments below.
Until next recipe: Happy Blending!