Do you want to know how you can prepare the most delicious Potato recipe in no time and with very little ingredients? If your answer is yes ! then you are at the right place. Today we will prepare a wonderful indian potato recipe which will surely solve the good old question from your kid or Hubby ,
” Can you pack something delicious today in my lunch box ?”
This recipe also marks the beginning of my food journey.
A Special Indian Potato Recipe That Made Me A Full Time Blogger
So as it happened, I was damn excited to pen down my first blog post. But then I asked myself an important question -” Which recipe should go first on my blog’? I knew the exact answers that I would get if I dare to ask that question to my “carnivorous” hubby and “sweet tooth” sis-in law.
Thousands of ideas started to ring a bell in my tiny head. And then it happened – I saw the most adorable potato sitting in my food basket. It seemed as if it was calling out loud “Pooja use me”.
First thing came to my mind was the vintage India Potato recipe – the good old aloo ki sabzi. But first dish – a simple potato recipe ? Not impressive right !
I know it’s a difficult idea to sell, after all who would want to see the same old “indian Potato recipe/aloo ki sabzi”(though utterly delicious) on a blog. So I decided to take my noble intentions to my hubby and sis-in-law to see if the indian potato recipe they grew up eating is good enough for my first blog post. After some discussion, I was able to get a nod from my loved ones but only on one promise “That I should bring some kind of twist with this indian potato recipe”.
Misson To Achieve – An Indian Potato Recipe With A Twist
My next step was to bring this new potato recipe together. One thing that I have learned in last three years is that to make an awesome indian subzi you got to keep three things in mind:
- The dish should be big on Flavors
- The dish should be pleasing to eyes
- Twist Factor: The dish should have a bite to it (with a crunchy element if possible) hence decided to use two of my favorite ingredients Peanuts and Sesame for this.
Also being in “namma Bengaluru” for last 2 years, I have fallen in love with curry leaves so had to include those as well. After-all curry leaves with potato is an awesome combination – remember Masala Dosa. So after carefully analyzing the quantity of ingredients to prepare the most awesome indian potato recipe, I decided to give it a go.
One Special Tip For Making This Awesome Potato recipe
Now its time for the pro-tip. If you want this indian potato recipe to become more crunchy – the answer is baking powder. I suggest you to boil the potatoes with some baking powder which is alkaline and causes potatoes cellular glue to break down resulting in more surface area and higher crunch. ½ Tbsp should do the trick (amount of baking soda as per recipe below). And you will have the most crispy Potatoes once you are done sautéing them.Before sautéing potatoes, boil them with some baking powder to make it super crunchyClick To Tweet
When To Prepare This Indian Potato Recipe?
- Well as you can see that this recipe goes absolutely great with “Chapatis or Fulkas” with some spicy mint coriander chutney.
- However this recipe tastes so good that you can devour it with “Pooris” and “Boondi ka raita” .
A great addition for two situations:
- When you are traveling and you have to carry some easy accessible food.
- Packing a lunch box for your husband and child could be a challenging task. This special Indian Potatoes Recipe is definitely an answer to that.
Anyway its time for the recipe. I know there are some unusual elements in this potatoes recipe but believe me results were great.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1 Tbsp white sesame seeds
- 2-3 chopped green chillies
- 3 Tbsp fried, roasted and slightly crushed peanuts
- 2-3 boiled and diced potatoes
- 1 Tbsp amchoor powder (dry mango powder)
- ½ Tbsp black peppercorn (crushed)
- 1 Tbsp cumin powder
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Salt according to taste
- Heat oil in a non stick pan.
- Add curry leaves, white sesame seeds, green chillies and saute for a minute or two on low flames. Ensure you do not burn them.
- Now add diced potatoes and saute for 5-7 minutes on low flame until it turns golden in color.
- Once you can see the nice golden color on potatoes, add crushed peanuts, cumin powder,crushed black peppercorn, amchoor powder and saute for one more minute.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
There is nothing like seeing a smile on your loved ones while they enjoy your cooked meal because good food is good mood. Do try this wonderful indian potato recipe at home and let me know your thoughts. If you have any questions, feedback about this recipe – leave a comments below.
Also If you want more recipes like this, subscribe to our blog so that I can connect with you personally.
See ya again with a wonderful recipe. Happy cooking !