Yes – the answer to “Who made summers more interesting & enjoyable ?”
You’ ll soon find out :
That this wonderful drink has the ability to transport you to a sun-drenched beach with a single sip. In this post, I am going to give you pro tips and the recipe that captures the true taste of summers. But before that – Let me tell you why I love Mango Mojito!
Mango Mojito vs Beer – We all know who the winner is ?
Well what do you do when your hubby go all mad over his love for beers on weekend and all you get to listen from him is :
“अपने लिए भी कोक शोक खोल लो” | Open Coke or some soft drink for you as well
Not at all. Why should I comprise ?
However those “zippy chilled beers” are out of my league. Hence I always bring out my favorite summer drink – Mango Mojito that is worthy enough to go head to head with those beers.
There is no better way to celebrate this summer than with this Irresistibly fresh and punchy Mango Mojito drink. With the freshness of Mango, Mint and Lime , Its the perfect companion when you want to cool down and quench your thirst.
If you’ve never tried mango in a mocktail before, it definitely should go on your bucket list!
Mango Mojito – The official beach drink
I fell in love with mango mojito, when last summer we went to goa. It was hot and humid. I was in a dire need of a Refreshing summer drink to rescue me on that hot summer day.
Thanks to this tiny little restaurant on our way to Baga Beach which introduced me to Mango Mojito. Every sip down my throat seemed a dose of energy booster plus it was so yum.
Post that experience, every restaurant we went I just ordered this mojito delight. I have to admit it – I dint know that it was such a popular and common drink.
From there on – To beat the heat (while we were in Goa) all I did was :
Lie in a beach hammock, under the coconut tree – by the ocean and drink this wonderful mojito magic.
When I got back, I tried a number of mango mojito recipes, made many changes and finally arrived on this wonderful mango mojito recipe.
Pro Tips For Making This Wonderful Delight
Here you go, these tips will ensure you have the most yummy mojito.
- Usually when you make a mojito, you muddle ingredients in a cocktail shaker. You can certainly do this, however to get the most out of the mango sweetness, I suggest you make a puree of mango in the blender. It just mixes really really well.
- Mint plays an important part to add freshness & flavor to the drink. Freshness comes from the aromatic oils released from the mint. Hence avoid heavy-handed muddling. To much of muddling and mint leaves will release bitter notes. Obviously you do not want that.
- I have also added Ginger to add a zing to this Mojito recipe
- Just use 1-2 lime wedge to muddle with mint leaves. Do not muddle rest of the wedges. Instead use freshly squeezed lime juice in your mojito – that ways you control the amount of juice addition. If you still want to add lime wedges because it looks good in the glass, go ahead squeeze them before hand and throw in the wedges.
- Use Sugar syrup instead of sugar. I really hate it when the sugar crystals at the bottom of the glass interfere with my drink. Sugar syrup just ads to the smooth finish of the drink.
OK enough of talks, its time for the recipe:
- 2 Cup Fresh mango puree
- 1 Inch Ginger Piece
- ½ Cup Fresh Mint Leaves
- 3 Tbsp Lime juice
- 2 Lemon Wedges For Muddling (1 Lemon cut into half)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar Syrup (This is adjustable as per taste)
- 500 ml Club Soda/Sparkling Water
- Crushed Ice Cubes
- Sieve mango puree well and keep it aside.
- Take a sturdy glass and place mint leaves, 2 lime wedges, Ginger in it. Use a muddler to muddle (light muddling) the ingredients.
- Mix this Mint, Lemon, And Ginger muddle mixture in mango puree.
- Add lime juice to it. Your mixture is ready.
- Add 3 Tbsp of the Mango Mint Ginger Lemon Mixture in a glass.
- Put some ice cubes in it and now add club soda or sparkling water. Mix it well. Your Mango Mojito is ready. You can easily prepare 4 to 5 servings of this wonderful delight.
Its simple. Isn't it?
I hope you would have liked this recipe. I recently made them for a get together at home and everyone raved about it. That was the moment, I decided I had to share the recipe on the blog, no matter how simple it was.
If you give this recipe a try, do let us know!
If you want more mango recipes do try :
If you have any question leave a comment. And don’t forget to tag a photo #yummydiariesbypooja on Instagram!
Until next recipe, Happy Drinking.